Humanitarian Bulletins (Arabic)
17 Oct 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 41 | 7 – 13 October 2013 [EN/AR]
10 Oct 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 40 | 30 September – 06 October 2013 [EN/AR]
• HAC announced that the polio vaccination campaign for children under five in Blue Nile and South Kordofan states will commence on 5 November.
• Sudan and South Sudan have agreed to re-open five border crossings between the two countries.
• Some 5,000 people fled Khamsat and Sharqal Muluk villages in East Darfur’s Abu Jabra locality due to clashes between the Rizeigat and Ma’aliya tribesmen.
• WES is conducting...
03 Oct 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 39 | 23 – 29 September 2013 [EN/AR]
• New round of fighting between the Misseriya and Salamat tribes in Central Darfur leaves 45 people dead, according to reports received by the UN.
• Insecurity and Government restrictions prevent aid to some 150,000 newly displaced people in East Darfur.
• The highest level of acute food insecurity is projected among IDPs in SPLM-Ncontrolled areas of South Kordofan, according to FEWS NET.
26 Sep 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 38 | 16 – 22 September 2013 [EN/AR]
• Fighting in South Kordofan and Blue Nile continues to result in deaths and displacement of civilians.
• Still no agreement between the Government and the SPLM-N on the proposed vaccination campaign for SPLM-N areas.
• In Government-held areas of South Kordofan, a 10-day meningitis vaccination campaign was launched this week targeting 1.4 million people.
• In Darfur, armed clashes between the Rizeigat and Ma’aliya...
20 Sep 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 37 | 9 – 15 September 2013 [EN/AR]
• The Government of Sudan announces terms for polio vaccinations to go ahead in SPLM-N areas of South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
• 3,500 South Sudanese remain stranded in Kosti, waiting to return to South Sudan.
• Landmines still a major threat to civilians in parts of Sudan
• 11,600 people who fled their homes in Muhajeria, East Darfur, are sheltering in Abu Dangal and Shaeria.
• HAC has revised the number of...