The UNDAC team was established in 1993 and today consists of more than 250 national emergency managers from more than 70 member and participating countries, together with staff from OCHA and 16 international and regional organizations including UN agencies.
UNDAC member countries are those countries that financially support their participation in the UNDAC system through depositing funds with OCHA (in so-called “mission accounts”) to cover the deployment costs of their national UNDAC members on UNDAC mission.
Currently, the UNDAC member countries are the following:
- Africa – Europe – Middle East: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom;
- Asia & Pacific: Australia, China, India, Japan, Korea New Zealand, Singapore;
- Americas: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Mexico, USA
UNDAC participating countries are those countries that provide experts to be part of the UNDAC team but do not cover their costs of deployment. The cost of deployment is covered by voluntary contributions of donor countries.
At present, the UNDAC participating countries are the following:
- Africa – Europe – Middle East: Armenia, Belarus, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Jordan, Liberia, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Mali, Oman, Senegal, Togo, Tunisia;
- Asia & Pacific: Azerbaijan, Cook Islands, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Samoa, Mongolia, Solomon Islands, Nepal, Tonga, Philippines;
- Americas: Bermuda, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Uruguay, Venezuela.
In addition to countries, the UNDAC system counts on the participation of the following organisations: ECHO & Civil Protection Mechanism, CEPREDENAC, ASEAN, ECOWAS, IFRC, ISDR, OCHA, UNDP, UN-DSS, UNEP, UNICEF, UNOSAT, WFP, World Bank, WHO & PAHO.